- The rights that you have by law are not affected by these terms.
- There will be no obligations (from you or us) until we have accepted your purchase.
- Depending on availability, sale of the merchandise seen on this Site is not guaranteed.
- You, the Customer, will not be charged for items that cannot be provided to you.
- Once these terms are accepted, it is assumed that you understand the alteration of all past verbal and/or written agreements and statements concerning the products and services.
- No agreement with our sales persons, agents or representatives is binding as they do not have the authority to change, add or remove any of these Terms. The only agreements we will be held liable for are those that are reduced to writing.
- You agree that all of the information and details you have provided (including contact and payment details) are up-to-date and accurate by accepting the terms provided.
Description of Services and Merchandise
- This Site will provide descriptions of the merchandise. We do our best to ensure that the goods that are supplied to you are identical to those on the Site, though there may be minor variations to the description and/or specification of the goods due to changes made by the manufacturers.
- Replicas and illustrations of the products on the site are for endorsement purposes only, and may not match the goods exactly.
- A prescription should be provided by you during your ordering process. It shall be by a registered ophthalmic optician after an eye-sight test within the previous 2 years (or any registered medical practitioner with the authority to do the same). The prescription you provide will be submitted to the lens of the spectacles. Please consult a registered ophthalmic optician or registered medical practitioner if you are unsure of your specific prescription.
- We will use an average PD (pupillary distance) as defined by qualified opticians to complete your order, unless you specify an exact PD. By accepting these terms and conditions, you have allowed us to use an average PD of 63 mm (for bifocal and single vision distance lenses) or a PD of 60 mm (for single vision reading lenses). But, we do strongly recommend that you acquire your appropriate PD by consulting your optician to get that number.
- You, the Customer, should be of legal age (18 years and over) and authorized to acquire prescription glasses, and must not be purchasing on behalf of someone under the legal age if you have no authority to do so.
- The Customer must not be reflected as amaurotic or partially sighted.
- Any incorrect information given to us by the Customer will not be our responsibility.
- If you Upload or Scan your prescription, then the price of lenses might differ and we may ask you to pay the difference in price before processing the order.
- We are unable to take responsibility for packages lost in post.
- The items will be delivered to the specified address provided by you on the order form only after payment has been received.
- Though minor delays or set-backs may occur, the goods will be delivered as fast as possible. Estimates of the shipping date and time will be specified by us, however, they are not guaranteed.
- We may charge you an additional fee to cover any reasonable additional direct costs incurred by us if, for any reason at all (not due to the Company’s fault), you do not accept delivery of any of the goods in accordance with this paragraph (including additional insurance, delivery, storage or similar charges).
- We will not be held liable for any deferment caused by our providers.
Inspection of Goods
- The Customer is encouraged to inspect the goods carefully once they have arrived. If they are either missing or damaged, please contact us immediately (and refrain from using any damaged merchandise).
- A confirmation of the prescription will be included with every item. If the prescription does not match the ordered prescription, please contact us and refrain from using them.
- Any damage incurred is the responsibility of the Customer once the goods have been received by the Customer.
- Unless the loss or damage is caused by our negligence, the Customer will be held liable for any loss or damage inflicted on the merchandise from the time of the delivery.
- The Customer will not be refunded by the Company for any return of goods.
Price and Payment
- This Site includes any VAT payable on the price stated on the merchandise.
- Delivery fees are not included on the prices mentioned.
- Upon placing the order, the Customer will pay the specified price. For payment purposes, the following credit cards are accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
- The credit card issuer should authorize the credit card payments. We will not be held liable for non-delivery of any ordered goods if authorization is declined.
Resale of Goods
The goods should not be resold to anyone else once they are sold to you, the Customer.
Recording of Telephone Calls
The Company records all phone calls that it receives, for future use if necessary.
Return of Goods
If any of the goods are damaged while in customer possession, GlobalEyeglasses.com will not accept them on return for refund of payment or exchange.
Liability and Warranty
- Any damage or loss that may be caused by the use of the goods purchased from our Site is not our responsibility.
- This Site does not offer a guarantee on the information or material provided. Further, we give no assurance that the facts are complete, accurate, current or updated.
- If you, the Customer, experience any business interruption, loss of use, loss of data, loss of profits, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings, neither the Company or its employees, agents or subcontractors be held liable.
- In connection with any physical damage caused to your property through the negligence of us, our employees, agents or subcontractors, our maximum liability will not in any circumstances exceed $5,000.
- In all other cases, the price of the goods and services to which the claim relates will not be exceeded by our total liability (including our employees, agents and subcontractors) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) and breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
Transfer of Contract
- This contract only applies to you and is not subject to transfer to any other person.
- We may include a third person to the contract, in whole or in part.